CSR – Best Practice
People are at the heart of what we do. They are our team members, our customers and their families, the communities in which we operate, our suppliers and the diverse communities which serve us.
We owe them all a responsibility to respect their views and needs and, in doing so, to act with honesty, integrity, consistency and trust. Under this policy, we will – at the very least – meet legislative and regulatory requirements in all that we do. We also aim to seek out and adopt best practice so that we match our values and actions with our relevant stakeholders’ needs and expectations.
In all of these ways we will:
- Share the Oakland Glass culture, values and responsible business practices with our relevant stakeholders
- Help create a profitable, sustainable and quality business that benefits people, communities, economies and the environment.
- Invest in our communities through growth and community-investment programmes
- Introduce initiatives that reduce our carbon footprint, including energy consumption, transport and supply chain operations
We will manage our Corporate Social Responsibility performance by:
- Setting responsible objectives and targets to drive continuous improvement
- Providing the leadership support needed to help deliver objectives and targets
- Following best practice achieved by others whilst always striving to improve on them
- Reporting on the standards we have set and reviewing the achievements we have made